Sachi Shimomura, PhD
Hibbs Hall, 900 Park Ave., room 418
- PhD in English, Cornell University
- AB and MA in English, Stanford University
- BS in Mathematics, Stanford University
- Co-authored with Osamu Shimomura and John Brinegar. Luminous Pursuit: Jellyfish, GFP, and the Unforeseen Path to the Nobel Prize. Singapore: World Scientific, 2017.
- Odd Bodies and Visible Ends in Medieval Literature. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
- “The Walking Dead in Chaucer’s Knight’s Tale.” The Chaucer Review 48.1 (2013): 1–37.
- “Remembering in Circles: The Wife’s Lament, Conversatio, and the Community of Memory.” Source of Wisdom: Old English and Early Medieval Latin Studies in Honour of Thomas D. Hill. Ed. Charles D. Wright et al. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 2007. 113–29.
- “Visualizing Judgment: Illumination in the Old English Christ III.” Via Crucis: Essays on Early Medieval Sources and Ideas in Memory of J. E. Cross. Ed. Thomas N. Hall et al. Morgantown: West Virginia UP, 2002. 27–49.
- Early & Medieval Mythology
- History of the English Language
- Medieval Literature: Old English to Middle English
- Fellowship, Humanities Research Center (Spring 2015, VCU)
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year, for student organization Literati (2009, VCU)
- College of Humanities and Sciences Distinguished Teaching Award (2008, VCU)
- Fulbright and Icelandic Government Grants (1991–92, University of Iceland)