- Faculty Feature: Matteo Pangallo
- M.F.A. Alumna Spotlight: Patricia A. Smith
- Tinashe Mushakavanhu, Ph.D., to Give Lecture “Lost Titles, Hidden Histories”
- Interview with Editor Jenna Johnson, Prior to the 2019 VCU Cabell First Novelist Award
- Alum Spotlight: Natalie Marie Salsbury
- Interview with Literary Agent Jin Auh, Prior to the 2019 VCU Cabell First Novelist Award Event
The Department of English studies language, literature, and media. Our activities in teaching, scholarship, and service, within and beyond the university, focus on literature, writing and rhetoric, criticism and theory, linguistics, media, and creative writing. The research and teaching of the department connect these varied ways of understanding language, text, and discourse in a manner that enriches them all.
As scholar-teachers, the English faculty are committed to balancing teaching, mentoring, and research as mutually beneficial endeavors. Through research and teaching, our faculty work to expand knowledge of language, literature, and various expressive media in local, national, and global contexts.