- M.F.A. Alumnus Profile: Dale Brumfield
- College of Humanities and Sciences Student Emergency Fund
- Interview with 2019 Cabell First Novelist Award Fellow, April Sopkin
- Joshua Eckhardt's Book Sheds New Light on Poet and Preacher John Donne
- New Podcast 'Writing Our Way Out' Launches
- Profile of the 2019 Levis Reading Prize Coordinator, AJ White
The Department of English studies language, literature, and media. Our activities in teaching, scholarship, and service, within and beyond the university, focus on literature, writing and rhetoric, criticism and theory, linguistics, media, and creative writing. The research and teaching of the department connect these varied ways of understanding language, text, and discourse in a manner that enriches them all.
As scholar-teachers, the English faculty are committed to balancing teaching, mentoring, and research as mutually beneficial endeavors. Through research and teaching, our faculty work to expand knowledge of language, literature, and various expressive media in local, national, and global contexts.