Gregory Donovan, PhD
Anderson House, 913 W. Franklin St., room 302A
- PhD SUNY/Binghamton
- MA University of Utah
- BA University of Missouri
- Creative writing
- Modernist and contemporary American and British literature
- “Night Train for the Bardo of Auvers” and “Instructions for the Labyrinth.” TriQuarterly, Issue 147 (Winter/Spring 2015).
- “Erasures.” 32 Poems, Issue 12.1 (Spring 2014), 25.
- “Besides” and “The blue breath in the red branch.” Crazyhorse, Issue 83 (Spring 2013), 129–131.
- “Night Hours in the Office of the Dead” and “After the Fire and the Big Bang and All That.” Copper Nickel, Issue 18 (October 2012): 29–33.
- “Cattle Kate” and “Another Offensive Discourse on Love and Marriage, with Fireworks.” Hayden’s Ferry Review, Issue 50 (Spring/Summer 2012): 90–93.
- “The Care and Feeding of a Dead Poet” (creative nonfiction). Stone Canoe: A Journal of Arts, Literature and Social Commentary (Syracuse University) No. 6 (2012): 41–48.
- Torn from the Sun (poems). Los Angeles: Red Hen Press, 2015.
- Calling His Children Home (poems). Columbia and London: U of Missouri Press, 1993.
- Producer, A Late Style of Fire, 2016 (feature-length documentary film on the life and work of poet Larry Levis), directed by Michele Poulos, original music composed by Iron & Wine.
- Hudson Valley Writer’s Center, Westchester, NY
- University of Tampa, Lectores Speakers Series, Tampa, FL
- Poets House, New York City, NY
- University of Southern California MFA Program, Los Angeles, CA
- Loyola Marymount College, Los Angeles, CA
- Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center, Venice, CA
- Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN
- An interview with poet Gregory Donovan about his new collection, VCU News, 4/23/2015.
- Online Literary Journals Come of Age: 15 Top Online Journal Editors Speak, Gregory Donovan, senior editor, Blackbird, Huffington Post, 5/25/2011.