Gretchen Comba, MFA
Anderson House, 913 W. Franklin Street, room 201
- MFA in Creative Writing (Fiction), University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MA in English, Virginia Commonwealth University
- BA in English, Florida State University
- Creative writing (fiction)
- short story cycles
- 20th-century U.S. literature
- The Stillness of the Picture: Stories. Tucson, Arizona: Kore Press, 2016.
- “Goatman.” Salamander 51 (2020–2021): 153–154.
- “Chessie: The Chesapeake Bay Sea Monster.” storySouth 50 (2020).
- “William Maxwell.” Oxford Bibliographies in American Literature. Ed.Jackson Bryer. New York: Oxford University Press, 2017. [Updated Spring 2022]
- “An ‘Unlikely’ Intersectionalist: Black Feminist Ethics in William Maxwell’s Time Will Darken It.” MidAmerica: The Yearbook of the Society for the Study of Midwestern Literature XL (2013): 124–139.