Constance Relihan, PhD
Dean of University College
(804) 827 1912
Harris Hall, 900 Park Ave., room 5192
- PhD, University of Minnesota
- MA, University of Minnesota
- AB, University of Illinois
- Early modern English literature
- General Education and Student Success
- Co-Lead Advisor with Joni Webb Petschauer, Student Success. Oxford UP Epigeum. 2016.
- “The Nordan Shakespeare,” Lewis Nordan: Humor, Heartbreak, and Hope, Barbara Baker, ed. University of Alabama Press, 2012, 139-46.
- “Fishwives’ Tales: Narrative Agency, Female Subjectivity, and Telling Tales Out of School,” Early Modern Prose Fiction, Naomi Conn Liebler, ed. Routledge, 2007. 46- 59.
- “Barnaby Riche's Appropriation of Ireland and the Mediterranean World, or How Irish is ‘The Turk’?,” Early Modern Fiction and the Mediterranean World, Goran V. Stanivukovic, ed. Palgrave/St. Martin’s, 2006. 179-89.
- Cosmographical Glasses: Geographic Discourse, Gender, and Elizabethan Fiction. Kent State UP, 2004.
- Fashioning Authority: The Development of Elizabethan Novelistic Discourse. Kent State UP, 1994.
- Co-editor, with Goran V. Stanivukovic, Prose Fiction and Early Modern Sexualities. Palgrave Macmillan, 2003.
- Editor, Framing Elizabethan Fictions: Contemporary Approaches to Early Modern Narrative Prose. Kent State UP, 1996.
- “High-Impact Practices: Designing Programs, Effective Assessment, Program Improvement.” With Katie Boyd and Drew Clark. SEC Academic Leadership Development Program (SEC ALDP), Auburn University, February 2018.
- “University Friend not Foe: Assessment as Engagement's Strategic Ally.” Workshop with Megan Good, Mark Wilson. 2017 Engagement Scholarship Consortium, Birmingham, AL, September 2017.
- “Cultivating Campus Buy-In through Inclusive Reflection.” Co-author, Megan Good. Association for General and Liberal Studies, Memphis, September 2017.
- “Critical Timing: An Exploration of When We Should Assess our SLOs” (Pecha Kucha). Co-author, Megan Good. Association for General and Liberal Studies, Memphis, September 2017.
- “Improving Student Success: Online Orientation, Academic Advising, Early Alert Grades.” With Mark Armstrong and Dana Jablonski. INSPIRE: Collaboration, Retention, Transformation. Austin, April 2017.
- “Using predictive analytics to enhance student success,” The 2nd Annual Managing Change Conference, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, October 2015.
- “A Rapidly Changing College-Going Population.” The 2014 Reinvention Center Biennial Conference, Washington, D.C., November 2014.