M.A. Keller, MFA
Blackbird Founders Archive Online Editor
Hibbs Hall, 900 Park Ave., room 317
- MFA, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1989
- BA, James Madison University, 1985
- Digital publishing in literature and the arts; fragility of the digital archive
- "The poetic line” in print and digital publishing
- Transmission of error / systemic approaches to error prevention
- Multipath/alt narrative structures; hypertext; multimodality
- Rhetoric and practice of closed captioning; transcription; ADA markup
- Creative writing, poetry, creative nonfiction.
- Appalachian representation
- Nature writing
- Steve Scafidi Reading Loop, Blackbird 21 no. 3 (spring 2023) [selected all content, conducted, transcribed, and edited interview with Scafidi, selected and edited photos, wrote all introductory materials, and co-built pages.]
- “Rope,” in The Southern Poetry Anthology, Volume IX: Virginia, edited by Wright, et al. (Huntsville, Texas: Texas Review Press, November 2022).
- “Sewing Bird: A Collaboration,” Blackbird 20, no. 1 (spring 2021).
[interview with Carole Garmon from Google doc and zoom interviews; transcription, compilation, editing, photo edits, and pagebuild.]
- 1918 Suite parts 1-4: “Everywhere in the Kingdom," “What Was Not His to Keep,” “Enough of Us Still and Brave Enough,” and “That Night Another Change.” Blackbird 17 no. 2 (fall 2018), 18 no. 1 & 18 no. 2 (fall & spring 2019), 19 no. 1 (spring 2020).
[research, content selection, editing, photo edits, design, video content wrangling, pagebuilds, and introductory texts.]
- “A Conversation with Brian Bouldrey and John Bresland.” Blackbird 11 no.1 (spring 2012).
[from Google doc interview conducted asynchronously over several weeks; editing, photo edits, and pagebuild.]
- “Megan Sapnar’s ‘Car Wash’ as a New Media Sonnet.” RAW (Reading and Writing) New Media, edited by Cheryl Ball and James Kalmbach. (Cress Kill, New Jersey: Hampton, 2010. 83–99.)
- ENGL 305 Poetry Workshop
- NEXT 240 Technology, Media, & Culture: Appalachian Representation
- ENGL 493 English Internship: Blackbird
- ENGL 694 Internship in Writing: Blackbird
Blackbird Founders Archive, online editor, 2023
(free-to-read/free-to-teach educational initiative)
Blackbird: an online journal of literature and the arts, online editor, 2001–2023