Catherine Seltzer, PhD
Hibbs Hall, 900 Park Ave., room 324C
- PhD in English The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- MA in English, The University of Georgia, Athens
- BA in English, The College of William and Mary
Research and Teaching Interests
- 19th, 20th, and 21st Century American Literature
- Southern Literature
- American Women’s Writing
- Literary biography and memoir
- ENGL206: American Literature II
- ENGL301: Introduction to the English Major
- ENGL/GSWS353: Women’s Writing
- ENGL304: Writing About Music
- ENGL374: U.S. Literature: Modernism
- “'Understanding All Too Well What is Meant': Teaching Toni Morrison's 'Recitatif',” The Bloomsbury Handbook to Toni Morrison, Eds. Kelly Reames and Linda Wagner-Martin. Bloomsbury Press, 2023.
- Understanding Pat Conroy, The University of South Carolina Press, 2015 .
- Elizabeth Spencer’s Complicated Cartographies: Reimagining Home, the South, and Southern Literary Production, Palgrave McMillan, 2009.